Apple Pie with Toffee Glaze

Apple Pie with Toffee Glaze

Delicious apple pie gets a decadent touch with the addition of a simple toffee glaze and sea salt!

The holiday season is such a busy time of the year. We decorate, cook, bake, shop, and wrap, and somehow manage to get some sleep somewhere in between. Don't get me wrong, I love the holidays! It just seems like we are so busy that it flies by in the blink of an eye.

I love to bake during the holidays. I always bake cookies for friends and family, and I'm usually in charge of desserts for our gatherings as well. I've learned over the years that not everything has to be made from scratch. Sometimes it's nice to take shortcuts so we have more time to spend with everyone. I mean, the season only comes around once a year!

For Thanksgiving I decided to save a little time in the kitchen and bake one of Marie Callender's delicious Lattice Apple Pies. I gave it my own touch by making a simple toffee glaze to drizzle over the top, then added just a touch of sea salt to give it that sweet and salty kick. The results were outstanding!

This apple pie is delicious on it's own, just like homemade, but the toffee glaze and sea salt just kick it up a notch. Give this pie a try, you'll save time in the kitchen which means more time with family and friends. And your guests will be impressed with your dessert!

What do you do to save time during the holidays? Share your secrets with me! 

Apple Pie with Toffee Glaze
Author: Sarah Bates | The Chef Next Door
Serves 8
Print this recipe

Ingredients:
(1) Marie Callender's Lattice Apple Pie
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
3 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp heavy cream
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Flaked sea salt

Prepare the pie as directed on the back of the box. Once the pie is done baking, allow it to cool for at least two hours on a wire rack. 

While the pie is cooling, make the glaze. Add the butter, brown sugar, cream and salt to a small saucepan. Cook over medium high heat and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer gently for about five minutes. Remove from the heat and carefully stir in the vanilla. Set aside and allow the glaze to cool completely. 

When the pie is ready, spoon the glaze all over the pie then sprinkle with a few flakes of sea salt. Slice and serve.

Bon Appetit! 
I am participating in a Vibrant Influencer network campaign for Marie Callender’s. I am receiving a fee for posting, however, the opinions expressed in this post are my own. I am in no way affiliated with Marie Callender’s and do not earn a commission or percent of sales.

Be sure visit Marie Callender's website and Facebook page to learn more about their frozen meals and desserts! 

No comments :

Post a Comment