Mini Strawberry Chocolate Chip Donuts

Mini Strawberry Chocolate Chip Donuts

Filled with mini chocolate chips and a delicious strawberry flavor, these mini donuts are perfect for breakfast or as a snack any time of the day!


This month I'm happy to share that one of our Blogger Recipe Challenge Group sponsors is Belgoods Bakeware. Belgoods offers silicone bakeware such as muffin pans, spatulas, baking mats and my personal favorite, the Mini Donut Pan. When I found out that we could pick a product to review, I knew the donut pan was for me! I mean, come on. It was a simple choice for this donut lover.  

I received my pan and I have to say I was quite impressed. This little guy is flexible, unbreakable, easy to clean and is oven safe to 445 degrees. The next step was trying it out!

I had a lot of fun developing this delicious mini donut recipe. I was thinking of spring and summer and wanted a flavor to reflect that. I also wanted the recipe to be somewhat healthy!
I played around with the ingredients quite a bit and what I came up with is soft and fluffy, just like a little cake, with an amazing flavor. You could even swap out the extract flavor if you wanted to change things up a bit. Enjoy! 

Mini Strawberry Chocolate Chip Donuts 
Recipe written by The Chef Next Door
Makes 24 mini donuts

Ingredients: 
1 1/4 cups cake flour
5 Tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of kosher salt
1 egg
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
2 tsp strawberry extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Glaze:

1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp milk
2 tsp strawberry extract
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.  Spray the donut pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. In another bowl mix the egg, buttermilk, coconut oil and extracts until well combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.

Fill the donut pan cavities about 2/3 of the way and bake for 10-12 minutes.  Cool for a few minutes, then remove them from the pan.  Cool completely before glazing.

Whisk the glaze ingredients together until smooth.  You may need to add a little more milk to get the right consistency. It should be about as thick and stirable as melted chocolate.

Dip the donut tops into the glaze and let the excess drip off.  Allow to set for about 5-10 minutes.

Bon Appetit!


No comments :

Post a Comment