Orange Coconut Oat Drops

Orange Coconut Oat Drops

It's been such an crazy few weeks. Between the holidays and the horrible ice storm we suffered here in Michigan, causing our family to lose power for 5 days and retreating to my parents to stay, I can't keep my head on straight.

So here I am sitting in Panera, sipping on an iced green tea, waiting for my son to get out of basketball practice. And I've been staring at the computer screen for at least 15 minutes, trying to figure out what to write. Has this happened to you before?

Apparently I have writers block. I'm sure it has something to do with the million and one things running through my mind at this very moment. But nonetheless, I've got nothin'.

So instead of telling a story or trying to say something witty, I'm just going to leave you with cookies. Orange Coconut Orange Drop cookies. These cookies are sweet and sticky and nutty and delicious. 

My pictures aren't so good but I promise the cookies are delish. Go ahead, give them a try.



Orange Coconut Oat Drops
Recipe written by The Chef Next Door
Makes 2 dozen cookies
Print this recipe

Ingredients:
1 egg
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp orange extract
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat and set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and sugar until smooth. Add the honey, coconut oil, vanilla and orange extracts and salt and whisk until combined. Fold in the oats, pecans and coconut.

Using a small scoop, drop cookies onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until the edges are browned and the cookies are set. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.

Store the cookies in an airtight container or cookie jar.

Bon Appetit!

Sarah


No comments :

Post a Comment