Cheddar Garlic Biscuits

Cheddar Garlic Biscuits

Do you remember those delicious Cheddar Garlic Biscuits from Red Lobster? You know, those fresh, hot, buttery garlic biscuits that they bring to your table before your meal? Yeah, I figured you'd remember them. I swear I could go there and strictly eat a salad and a basket of those biscuits. Pretty sure my kids would agree too.

Since it is restaurant remake month, I decided to try my hand at making these myself. I have to admit, I am REALLY proud of myself! These biscuits turned out beautifully! And they seriously taste JUST like the ones from the restaurant. Even my kids loved them! So much so that I think E ate like 4. Or maybe 5. I lost count.

Anyway, if you've got a thing for cheesy garlicky biscuits, you need to try these out!




Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
Recipe written by The Chef Next Door
Makes 9 large biscuits
Print this recipe

Ingredients:
2 cups flour 
2 tsp baking powder 
1/2 tsp baking soda 
1 Tbsp sugar 
1/2 tsp kosher salt 
1/2 tsp garlic powder 
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup buttermilk 
1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled just slightly 

To top the biscuits: 
2 Tbsp salted butter, melted
1/2 tsp  garlic powder

Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat and set aside. 

In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt and garlic powder. Stir in the cheddar cheese and set aside. 

In a 2-cup measuring glass, stir together the buttermilk and melted butter. (The cold buttermilk mixed with the warm butter will make the butter form small clumps, which is fine!)

Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and mix gently with a rubber spatula until the mixture is completely combined and a soft dough forms. Spray a 1/4-cup measuring cup with non stick spray and use it to scoop out portions of dough. Place the portions on the prepared baking sheet, leaving at least an inch in between each biscuit.  Bake the biscuits for 12-14 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown. 

While the biscuits are baking, stir together the 2 tablespoons of melted butter and the garlic powder. As soon as you remove the biscuits from the oven, use a pastry brush to brush the butter mixture all over the tops of the biscuits. Serve warm.

Biscuits are best eaten right away, however, any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container.

Bon Appetit!


 

No comments :

Post a Comment