Espresso Cocoa Drops

Espresso Cocoa Drops

Hi, my name is Sarah and I'm a coffee addict. This really is not something new to you. I've admitted my coffee addiction before.

I let me coffee lust spill over to my baking. I've done it before, but recently I came up with a fabulous little cookie. An espresso cocoa drop is what I like to call it.

These cookies are like tiny cakes. Super soft and fluffy and perfectly paired with a cup of joe. Or even some hot cocoa.

Try to eat just one. I tripe dog dare ya. ;-)



Espresso Cocoa Drops
Recipe written by The Chef Next Door
Makes 3 dozen cookies
Print this recipe

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups cake flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp espresso powder
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat and set aside. 

In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg, then the milk and vanilla, and mix well. 

In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in a few small batches, beating well each time, until thoroughly combined.

Using a small cookie scoop, drop the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, until the cookies are set.

Allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.  Store the cookies in an airtight container.

Happy Holidays & Bon Appetit!



No comments :

Post a Comment