Eggnog Cherry Bread

Eggnog Cherry Bread

I recently became part of the Good Cook Bloggers group, something I am very excited about! I've loved Good Cook for years and have bought so many of their products, so I was thrilled when they asked me to join this group.
My first event with the group was to review the Sweet Creations Mini Loaf Bake Pan. I received the Nonstick Mini Loaf Pan, which makes 4 loaves, plus their adorable White Snow Flake Parchment Paper. The next thing was to decide what to make in my new pan!

I had an old recipe for Eggnog Bread and decided since it was the holidays that I wanted to tweak it a bit and give it a try. I absolutely love the way it turned out! I love the mini loaf pan too. The loaves baked evenly, popped right out when they were finished cooking, and were the perfect size for sharing!



Eggnog Cherry Bread
Recipe written by The Chef Next Door
Makes 4 mini loafs

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup eggnog
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 Tbsp almond extract
2 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup dried tart cherries

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom of the mini loaf pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.

In the bowl of your stand mixer beat the butter and both sugars until light in color and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the eggnog and extracts.

In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the dried cherries.

Pour the batter into your prepared pan. Each well should be about 2/3 full. 

Bake the loaves for 40-45 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of one of the loaves comes out clean. Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove the loaves to a cooling rack to cool completely. Leftovers can be wrapped tightly and stored in the refrigerator.

Bon Appetit!



Disclaimer: I received products from Good Cook for review at no charge but was not monetarily compensated for this review. All opinions, as always, are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment