Pancetta & Cheddar Scones

Pancetta & Cheddar Scones

I love bread. If you want me to be totally honest, I'm a carbaholic. Seriously. I can't live without bread and pasta. I just love the stuff.

Of course during the holidays I always bake like a manicac. Whether it's quick breads, cinnamon rolls or dinner rolls, I've gotta have some carbs with my meal.

Now typically most people have some type of dinner rolls on the table, but I decided to do something different this year. I made some killer pancetta and cheddar scones. Scones typically are a sweet treat, but they can totally be made savory as well.




These scones are absolutely delicious and will go perfect with your holiday meal. Give them a try, I think you'll be hooked.

Pancetta & Cheddar Scones
Recipe written by The Chef Next Door
Makes 8 scones
Print this recipe

Ingredients:
2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold 
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 oz. diced pancetta, cooked and cooled
3/4 cup heavy cream

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment or a Silpat; set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, Italian seasoning and salt. Using a pastry cutter or two forks, work the butter into the flour until the mixture is like crumbly, with the butter about the size of small peas. Mix in the cheese, and pancetta until evenly distributed. 

Add the cream, stirring to combine with a wooden spoon. Try squeezing the dough together; if it’s too crumbly and won’t stick together, add a teaspoon of cream at a time until the dough comes together. Transfer the dough to a floured work surface. 

Pat the dough into a smooth disk about ¾ inches thick. Transfer the disk to the prepared baking sheet. 

Use a knife to cut the disk into 8 wedges. Brush the scones with a bit of cream to to help the crust brown. 

Bake the scones for 22-24 minutes, until they’re light golden brown. Remove them from the oven and cool on the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature. 

Bon Appetit!



No comments :

Post a Comment