Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Creamy Vanilla Frosting

Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Creamy Vanilla Frosting

I love Halloween and finally got my entire house decorated last weekend. I had some things out but not all of my goodies, so I finished it all up. I think other than Christmas, Halloween is my favorite holiday!

Since I was in the Halloween spirit I decided to make some fun cupcakes. I tweaked my peanut butter cupcake recipe a bit and they turned out so good! My kids, and parents, devoured them.



I have a secret ingredient for these cupcakes...wanna know what it is?? OK, I'll tell you. But it's a secret so don't tell anyone else! :)

The secret ingredient is whipped peanut butter and chocolate spread!! Have you tried it yet? Jif makes the new Whips and they are delish! This one is my absolute favorite with the little hint of chocolate. And because it's so creamy it makes the cupcakes very moist and tender.

I used food coloring gel to turn my creamy vanilla frosting a purty orange color, perfect for Halloween. I added some festive sprinkles and a few Halloween flags on some of the cupcakes as well. So cute!

Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Creamy Vanilla Frosting
Recipe written by The Chef Next Door
Print this recipe

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup Jif Whips Whipped Peanut Butter & Chocolate Spread
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk

Creamy Vanilla Frosting
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 to 2 Tbsp milk

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.

In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the peanut butter, softened butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Next beat in the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, add in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Be careful not to over mix.


Using a medium scoop, divide the batter evenly between the 12 cupcake wells. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.

For the frosting, mix the powdered sugar and butter in the bowl of your stand mixer until well blended. Stir in the vanilla and one tablespoon of the milk and mix on medium speed until thoroughly combined. Add additional milk a little at a time until the frosting has reached your desired consistency. (I used another full tablespoon). If desired, add food coloring.

Once the cupcakes have cooled completely frost and decorate them as you wish.

Bon Appetit!



No comments :

Post a Comment