S'Mores Ice Cream {Frozen Month}

S'Mores Ice Cream {Frozen Month}

I know it's been forever since I posted and I apologize! Hopefully you can forgive me. :)

I got a new job (which I'm ecstatic about!) and have literally been gone the last two weeks traveling. First it was training for the new job, then the Mitten Moms blogger conference (more on that coming soon!), and then I headed to Tucson for a business conference.

As soon as I got home I had to prepare for the boys to start school. This week they are starting their freshman and senior years in high school and I'm beside myself! How in the world did they get so big??

Anyway, I was so excited to get back home to my boys and back to my kitchen. I missed cooking during all that travel time!

Before I left I had come up with this s'mores ice cream recipe but just didn't have time to make it until this past weekend. 

It is DELICIOUS. Seriously.


The Kraft Mallow Bits that I used are slightly addictive and I keep finding myself taking a handful for a snack! If for some reason you can't find them in your grocery store, mini marshmallows can easily be substituted.

S'Mores Ice Cream
Recipe written by The Chef Next Door

Ingredients:
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
 pinch of salt
1 cup 2% milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
6 graham cracker squares, roughly chopped
1/2 cup vanilla Mallow Bits
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, roughly chopped

In a medium bowl whisk together the cocoa, sugars and salt. Add the milk and and whisk until the mixture is completely incorporated. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight. 

Turn on your ice cream maker and pour the mixture into the frozen freezer bowl. Let it mix about 10 minutes, then add the chopped graham crackers, mallow bits and chopped chocolate. Continue to mix for another 10 minutes or so, until the ice cream has thickened. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture like soft serve. 

Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and put it in freezer for about 2 hours to firm it up a bit. Remove the ice cream and allow it to sit on the counter for about 10 minutes before serving.

Bon Appetit!



No comments :

Post a Comment