Frozen Peanut Butter Pie {Frozen Month}

Frozen Peanut Butter Pie {Frozen Month}

It was my daddy's birthday this past weekend and I wanted to make him something special for dessert. He doesn't eat a lot of sweets anymore, so I wanted to transform one of my recipes into something with fewer fat and calories. 

Enter my frozen peanut butter pie. It is perfect for a summer birthday treat. Especially on a hot day!


By swapping out several ingredients for the low fat or fat free versions, I cut the calories almost in half! But the taste was still out of this world. Rich and creamy and completely delicious.

And my daddy loved it. As did the rest of my family. :)

Enjoy!

Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
Recipe written by The Chef Next Door
Serves 8

Ingredients:

4 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup low fat milk
8 oz. fat free frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 - 9 in. prepared reduced fat graham pie crust

In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined. Add the peanut butter and milk and beat until smooth. Carefully fold in the whipped topping.

Spoon the mixture into your prepared pie crust and freeze until firm. If desired, drizzle chocolate syrup and sprinkle chopped peanuts over the top before serving.

Bon Appetit!



No comments :

Post a Comment