Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Bread

Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Bread

It's a well known fact that I have an obsession with bananas. Especially over ripe bananas. 

I am in love with banana bread and get much too excited about trying out new combinations and recipes. 

I had some strawberries in the frig that needed to get eaten, and some smushy bananas sitting on the counter. So I experimented and developed a yummy, moist and healthy strawberry banana bread.
And now I can't stop eating it. I mean it. I have a problem.

I keep going to the kitchen and nibbling on it. All day long. 

By tomorrow the whole loaf may be gone. And then what will I do?

Oh yeah, I'll just make another one! :)

Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Bread
Recipe written by The Chef Next Door


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups whole wheat patry flour (I use Greenwillow Grains)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil (coconut oil would also be great)
2 eggs 
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed 
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 5 in. loaf pan with baking spray and set aside.

In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. In a large bowl whisk the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until combined. Stir in the bananas. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until blended. Gently fold in the strawberries.

Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake until a cake tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour. (If the top starts to brown too much, cover loosely with foil.) Cool for 20 minutes in the pan, then remove the loaf and cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and serve.

Bon Appetit!





No comments :

Post a Comment