Bittersweet Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt

Bittersweet Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt

For my birthday a few weeks ago my sweet boys gave me an Amazon gift card. You see, I have a lot of items on my wish list over there. I mean A LOT. 

One of the things I had been eyeballing for almost a year was a 5-Quart Kitchen Aid Glass Bowl. Although I am super fortunate to actually have a Kitchen Aid, it's probably at least 50 years old. It was my grandma's and don't get me wrong, I am very lucky that it was handed down to me, but I really wanted that glass bowl.

The only negative thing to having a machine that old is the old school metal bowl that comes along with it. It's small. And it's metal. So I have been waiting patiently to upgrade to a beautiful glass bowl with a lid.

Thankfully the boys made my wish come true this year. With their gift card I bought that gorgeous bowl, along with some other goodies for myself.

The bowl was delivered yesterday and I could not wait to try it out. It's literally twice the size, if not more, than my little metal bowl. I'm in love with that bowl and together we will conquer the world. 

Well, at least we will conquer cookies together.


Bittersweet Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt
Recipe slightly adapted from Ghiradelli
Makes 4 dozen cookies
Print this recipe

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups pastry flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temp
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
10 oz. bag Ghiradelli Bittersweet Chocolate Chips 
Flaked sea salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare your baking sheets by lining them with a Silpat or parchment paper. 

Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together and set aside. In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream the butter and both sugars together on medium speed until creamy and light yellow in color. Add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla. Mix on low speed until completely incorporated. 

Gradually add the dry ingredients into the mixer, adding about a half cup at a time. Mix until smooth. With a rubber spatula fold in the chocolate chips. 

Drop by tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheets and sprinkle a few flakes of sea salt on each cookie. Bake for approximately 7-8 minutes, or until golden brown. 

Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to sit on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Serve warm with a cold glass of milk!

Bon Appetit!




No comments :

Post a Comment