Chocolate Peppermint Oven S'mores

Chocolate Peppermint Oven S'mores

It's official...

Schooooool's...out...for summer!!

My boys are so happy to be finished up and are already enjoying their first few days with nothing to do. Which is actually kind of funny that I'm saying that, because these last few days have actually been busy! But that's ok, at least it's not school that's keeping us busy. :)

Now starts the days of having them both home all day and feeding their "hollow legs." At least that's how it is in E's case. 13 years old, almost 6 feet 3 inches tall, and ALL boy. He is growing like a weed! Should be interesting keeping him fed all summer long. Boy my grocery bill is going to huge! HA!

E loves s'mores, and so do K and I, but E is the traditionalist of the family. Likes every plain and simple, nothing special, no deviating from the original. K and I, we like to mix things up a bit. So I came up with a new s'mores combo, just for the two of us.

You may remember that a few weeks ago my dear friend Susan at Go Susan Go graciously invited me over to be a guest blogger and I shared my Dulce de Leche Oven S'mores. Ever since then I've been dreaming of different ways to make s'mores. This new s'mores invention is also done in the oven, but feel free to whip them up outside if you have the opportunity. I'm still working on getting a fire pit in our backyard. :) 

Enjoy!

Chocolate Peppermint Oven S’mores
Recipe written by The Chef Next Door
Makes 4

Ingredients:
8 chocolate graham cracker squares
4 small Peppermint Patty candies
4 large marshmallows

Preheat the broiler on your oven to Low and set aside a small sheet pan.

Take four of the graham cracker squares and add a peppermint candy, then a marshmallow, on top of each square. Set all four cracker squares on the sheet pan. Take the other four graham cracker squares and set them aside.

Place your oven rack about 6-8 inches under the broiler. Place the sheet pan on the rack under the broiler, allowing the marshmallows to get soft and toasted and the peppermint candy to slightly melt, about 3 minutes. Oven temps vary so be careful with this step! If you leave them in too long the marshmallows could burn.
Once the marshmallows have reached your desired doneness, remove the sheet pan from the oven. Immediately place the other graham cracker square on top.

Bon Appetit!

No comments :

Post a Comment