Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas

Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas

I think I may have mentioned on a few occasions that my family loves quesadillas. I know I have actually, because I just made BBQ chicken and pineapple quesadillas a few weeks ago and posted them on here for you. I'm always looking for new combinations to try so that we don't get tired of the same ole' same ole'. Ya feel me?

It's also not a secret that I love bacon. A lot. So I decided to incorporate bacon into my new quesadilla concoction. 

After a little bit of thinking and getting the kids opinions, the chicken bacon ranch quesadilla was born.  And it got raves from the family! Super basic and simple to make, but delicious when you put it all together. My son has requested that I add avocado next time we have these, and I have noted that. If you so desire you can add chopped avocado when you make yours!

Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas

Ingredients:
2 large chicken breasts, pounded thin
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 cups cheddar jack cheese
1/2 cup Ranch dressing
8 large flour tortillas
4 Tbsp butter, for frying
Chopped avocado, if desired


Sprinkle your chicken breasts with salt and pepper and grill them over medium heat until done. Brush both sides of the chicken with some of the Ranch dressing a few times. 

Once your chicken is cooked completely, set aside for a few minutes until cool enough to handle. Slice it into very thin slices and set aside. 





Now it's assembly time! Take one tortilla and place some of the chicken slices on top. Add a few teaspoons of the crumbled bacon all over, and then drizzle the Ranch dressing on top of that. Sprinkle a good handful of the shredded cheese over the top, then put another tortilla on top and press down gently. (If you decide to add avocado to your quesadillas just add it in here, before you put the top tortilla on) Repeat this process another three times until you have four quesadillas total.  



Warm a griddle or large pan over medium heat and add one tablespoon of butter.  Add a quesadilla and cook until brown on one side, then flip over and cook on the other side until brown and the cheese is melted. Repeat by adding another tablespoon of butter to your griddle and cooking each quesadilla until they are all cooked.



Slice the quesadillas into wedges and serve.

Bon Appetit!



No comments :

Post a Comment