Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies & Happy New Year!

Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies & Happy New Year!

Wow, can you believe it? It's December 31, 2012. I can't believe this year is already gone! 

How are you all celebrating this evening? I'm staying in with my sons. I'm making chicken wings and other snacks and we are going to watch movies and wait for the ball to drop. Well, at least Jr. and I will be doing that. Big man is here with us through dinner and then he's going to a friends for a little NYE party and overnight. So Jr. and I will watch the ball drop together and drink non-alcoholic wine. Sounds fun right? 

What are your plans tonight? Are you going out to party or staying in and relaxin'?

Since tomorrow is the start of a new year, I started thinking about what I want to accomplish in 2013. I don't want to do resolutions, because when I use that word it seems like they never actually get done. But there ARE things that I want to do ~ 


  • I want to cook and bake more, and practice writing my own recipes.
  • I want to commit to blogging at least every other day. I love to write and to blog, but sometimes I let other things trump it.
  • I want to get more followers! 
  • I want to take cooking classes. I plan to attend the free, small classes at Williams-Sonoma and also to look into the classes offered at Sur la Table. There is a local cooking school close by called Le Chat Gourmet and I am already signed up for their Ultimate Pizza Workshop. So excited for that one!
  • I want to eat healthier and exercise more. I say this every year, but I really want to make it happen. Especially to help teach my kids the importance of healthy eating and getting in their fruits and veggies.
To go along with my last point, I whipped up some banana oatmeal breakfast cookies today. You know, so that tomorrow morning they'll be ready to go. Truthfully though, you can eat these any time of the day. They are that good. And I've already ate two.

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut (I use Bob's Red Mill Coconut Flakes)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
6 Tbs. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 very ripe banana, mashed
1 egg
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (you could also use pecans)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or cover with parchment paper. 

In a bowl stir together the flour, coconut, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a large bowl, cream the brown sugar and butter together with a wooden spoon until fully incorporated. Add the banana and egg and beat until blended. Stir in the flour mixture, then fold in the raisins and walnuts.

Spoon the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. 

Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to the rack and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.



To end 2012 I just want to thank each and every one of you for your support over the last year, reading my blog and my posts, trying my recipes and giving me feedback. You have no idea how much this means to me. Stay tuned for more exciting things to come in 2013!

Happy New Year to all! Have a safe and happy holiday!

Bon Appetit! 

No comments :

Post a Comment