Cinnamon Pumpkin Pancakes

Cinnamon Pumpkin Pancakes

My favorite part of the weekend is cooking for my family. I love making big breakfasts in the morning, and warm, hearty meals for dinner. The smells that fill the kitchen throughout the day are hypnotic. It's true that food is the heart of the family. It makes me happy to see how much joy my cooking and baking gives to others. When my sons make the "ooh" and "ahh" sounds and close their eyes while taking a bit of my food, it makes my heart smile.

One of the best parts of cooking in the Fall is all the different flavors. Pumpkin, cinnamon, apple, nutmeg. They all make me so happy! These cinnamon pumpkin pancakes made me and the boys very happy yesterday morning. I hope you'll try them too and your family will jump for joy!


Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour

3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups milk
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 vegetable oil

Directions:
In a large bowl combine flour and all other dry ingredients. In a second bowl combine the milk, eggs, pumpkin and oil. Stir wet ingredients into flour mixture until incorporated. (The batter will still be slightly lumpy.)

Heat a buttered griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat. For each pancake pour about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. 

Bon Appetit!

Recipe adapted from BHG

No comments :

Post a Comment