BBQ Brisket Sandwiches

BBQ Brisket Sandwiches


I know I've said this before and I'm sure you're sick of me repeating myself, but I really love using my slow cooker in the cooler months. Soups, stews, chili and shredded meats...it's all so good!

I came across this recipe last week on Pinterest and knew I had to make it right away. My boys love anything that can be put between buns and made a sandwich! Even if I just simply grill chicken, my oldest wants to make it a sandwich. It's not a bad thing at all. He loves bread just like his mama.

This recipe was just slightly adapted from Lisa's Dinnertime Dish

Ingredients:
1 beef brisket, about 3 lbs
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 bay leaves
1/2 an onion, sliced into rings
1 cup beef stock
Your favorite buns and BBQ sauce (I used bakery country buns that were amazing, as well as Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory & Brown Sugar Sauce)
Cole slaw (optional!) I made homemade slaw to put on top of my beef


Directions:
Combine all of the spices, salt and pepper in a bowl, then rub it all over the brisket covering all sides. Place the brisket in slow cooker and top with the sliced onions. Add the bay leaves and beef stock, cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.

Once the brisket is finished cooking, place on a cutting board and slice thinly. I also shredded some of the meat with two forks. To assemble add some of the meat to a bun and top with BBQ sauce and cole slaw, if desired.

Bon Appetit!





No comments :

Post a Comment